[LUG] Microsoft to kill off Equipt

Hi folks,

Just seen this on The Register...

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2009/02/18/equipt_kill_date_confirmed/

As rumoured, it looks like Microsoft are killing off their subscription
services for things like MS Onecare and Office 2007 Home and Student.
 From the article...

"It confirmed that Office Home and Student 2007 won’t receive
subscription licence updates and will enter “reduced functionality
mode”. Effectively customers will only be able to view Office documents,
but they won’t be able to create or edit docs via the service."

So, all those poor saps who bought a PC and were 'upsold' cheaper
'subscription' versions of MS Office 2007 Home and Student editions will
be effectively left with a bloated Office viewer.

 From what I gather though it only covers the subscription versions of
the software which were about £50 rather than the £100 version. Still,
I'd hate to be one of the poor folks who bought this 'cheap' Office 2007.

Rob