Re: [LUG] non flash sound in javascript

On Wednesday 11 February 2009 19:51, Matthew Macdonald-Wallace wrote:
> Quoting Tom Potts <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > Does anyone know of any non proprietary way of making sounds in a
> > browser? ie absolutely no flash?
>
> Is there a particular reason why you want to do this?
>
> I don't have a solution, just a POV that unrequested music from a
> webpage is one of the most annoying things in the world IMHO... :oP
I agree wholeheartedly!
Requested sound is another matter:
I can see how to make a rather nice music player/music tutor - possibly even
synthesiser - and extend this to language lessons etc in JavaScript but wish
to avoid flash if I can!
Though I must see what it was the Adobe 'donated' having joined in with the
devil in holding back js - if its truly free it might be worth playing with
Tom te tom e tom