Re: [LUG] [ubuntu-uk] computer fairs

On 10/02/2009 11:57, Rob Beard wrote:
> On 10/02/2009 11:37, Subscriptions wrote:
>
>>> Actually, doing our own is a good idea. There is loads of stuff in Phil's
>>> workshop (the garage) that I could set up a stall with. Additionally, there are
>>> loads of computer shops round here that are probably suffering as a result of
>>> the recession and would only be too glad to participate. The people / companies
>>> that participate in the South East ones won't probably be too keen coming to us
>>> as a extra fuel / accommodation costs would eat into their profits. Stall
>>> holders pay for their stall and people who attend pay a small entrance fee. The
>>> Kent ones used to charge about £3.00, I think.
>>>
>>> Viv

<snip>
One of the guys on the Ubuntu-UK mailing list mentioned Amateur Radio
Rallys.  Having a look at this - http://www.rsgb.org/events/index.php I
see there is a Radio Rally in Tavistock in May.  I wonder if they'd do
any computer bits?

Still if it was possible to get a monthly event going it would be great.

Rob