Re: [LUG] Shrinking Debian...

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 00:33:27 +0000
Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If you have a machine with the state you want you could use "dpkg
> --set-selections" and "dpkg --get-selections", but I'm not sure the
> original package list is explicitly stored anywhere.

$ sudo debootstrap sid debian/ http://ftp.uk.debian.org

Gets you a system where you get the typical starting point as far as
the packages installed.

Other starting points involve 'tasksel' whereby you get the list of
packages that would be added to a debootstrap. See man tasksel.

> What are you trying to achieve by doing this?
>
>  Simon

Ditto.

--

Neil Williams