Re: [LUG] KDE or Win7?

On 06/02/2009 14:46, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> If you haven't seen this yet:
>
> http://www.zdnet.com.au/insight/software/soa/Is-it-Windows-7-or-KDE-4-/0,139023769,339294810,00.htm
>
> Lots of fun :)
>
> Any volunteers to do it along the sea-front???
>
> Gordon

LOL.  I'm running Windows 7 on my laptop just for the hell of it (dumped
Vista) before I reinstall Ubuntu and the first thing I thought was THIS
LOOKS JUST LIKE KDE 4!

It's very similar, I'd go as far as saying Windows 7 is more like a
lovechild of Vista and KDE4 than OS X.

After having a play with Windows 7 and multiple crashes (got my first
BSOD today) I'm going to download Kubuntu and have a look at KDE4.  I
just wonder if there are any official KDE 4.2 packages for Ubuntu yet?

Rob