Re: [LUG] effectiveness of shop window advertising

Paul Sutton wrote:

> How effective is shop window advertising,  as a lot of shops allow
> people to place small ads in the window,  just thought it would be an
> idea to perhaps create a few small ubuntu or related ads and blitz a few
> shops in one area,  to see if we can get the message out there.

I would guess the effectiveness is pretty bad. But its also a cheap and
easy thing to do. People don't tend to look at these kind of adverts
unless they are 1) hanging around waiting for something, 2) know there
are specific types of adverts there eg Jobs and are looking for that.

Something i have *just* though of, is many of us live in villages that
have a local free village news. Mostly you can put anything in there of
benifit to the community or random rants about dogs and wind turbines
etc, but my point is for a small donation it would probably be possible
to put a reasonable size *something* in these that would get to quite a
number of people for each village area. Any thoughts on this?

Robin