Re: [LUG] Someone was asking about opensource financial modelling..

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 11:05 AM, Adrian Midgley <amidgley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2009/1/29 Kevin Tunison <ktunison@xxxxxxxxx>
>

>> So the OS community inherited a program that probably has little/no
>> documentation or poor project management..  ooer, it appears to me
>> some peeps could benefit from extreme programming :-)
>
> Don't criticise them for it, it discourages others.
>
> People give what they want to.
>
> People who wish to improve it, may.

Don't get me wrong, having the OSS grow is always a positive thing.
Well, there is always a positive to take from anything in life :-)  In
this case, especially for people seeking to gain experience.  But I
will criticize them for it, and they should be.  It is irresponsible
and a terrible business maneuver reading between the lines.  OSS is
not a charity, nor free labour for when and as it suits a for-profit
business.

regards,

KevinT