Re: [LUG] Someone was asking about opensource financial modelling..

> [JP Morgan] open-sourced the CDS analytics engine because no one remembers which
> precise version of the "binaries" (compield source) code was originally handed
> over to Bloomberg to fuel the CDSW page.

It may be a feeble attempt to get it reverse-engineered on the cheap.

So the OS community inherited a program that probably has little/no
documentation or poor project management..  ooer, it appears to me
some peeps could benefit from extreme programming :-)

But seriously, it amazes me how difficult it is for some to document
the versioning of their work.  binary or whatnot.  It would not
suprise me to read of further financial software remnants start to be
toiled out the window like dirty washrags.

KevinT