Re: [LUG] rural wifi, was forum?

There was group set up to try and provide wireless networking - had designs
for all sorts of pringle packet aerials that were surprisingly good over a
few Km - but this was in the days that isdn was a trouser wetter for any true
geek.
Good aerials don't need to be expensive - I've got a clapped out old lathe
here that could possibly be used for making spiral aerial out of stiff wire,
connected to your current router and line of site pointing MAY prove superb.
Long time since I did the course at big school though - I'll see if the mice
have left those notes alone.
Tom te tom te tom