Re: [LUG] forum?

On 28/01/2009 13:37, Paul Sutton wrote:
> John Clarke wrote:
>
>> is there a website forum for this list ?
>> Just wondered if there is, where is it?
>> if there isn't - is there a reason why not ?
>> seems like the list would lend itself to that nicely...
>> --
>> johnc
>>

> We have a website www.dcglug.org.uk which has a wiki attached to it,
> there is also a chat room on Internet relay chat.
>
> The list is also archived,  Not sure if this is any help, perhaps
> someone can add to this, and comment further.,
>
> Paul

It was mentioned back in 2007 although I don't think anything actually
happened.  I believe Penzance Computers created their own forum although
I don't know how well it linked in with the DCGLUG.

Found this in my DCGLUG folder...

On 23/11/2007 10:33, Clare Shepherd wrote:
> On 23 Nov 2007, at 08:57, Tom Potts wrote:
>

>> Lets give it a go!
>> Those of us who don't like forums can use the mailing list and
>> those of us who
>> would prefer to use the forum do so.
>>   I like forums because problems can be left hanging there and is
>> not lost in
>> the history of the list.
>>   I like the mailing list as its 'universal' and you tend to see
>> everything
>> that goes on.
>> I don't see one as better that the other - they work in slightly
>> different
>> user spaces and serve the group in slightly different ways.
>>
>> We may be able to add the mailing list content into the forum but I
>> think
>> there will be a need for users of both to cross fertilise when
>> necessary.
>>
>> Tom te tom te tom
>>

>> --
>>

> As usual, Tom gets to the root of the matter. He's put it so well
> there's nothing to add IMHO.
> Clare

The full thread can be found in the DCGLUG archives here:
http://www.dcglug.org.uk/archive/2007/11/msg00599.html

HTH

Rob