[LUG] Forums

Posted by "Tim Blackley" <roobarb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi all!
First up, let me introduce myself. My name is Tim and I'm an engineer for Penzance
Computers.
Following a little chat my girlfriend had with James, we both now are Ubuntu users!
My girlfriend more so, as she totally cleared her machine of Windows and jumped into
the world of Linux, myself however decided to dual-boot all of my computers
(2xdesktops, 1xlaptop) with XP and Ubuntu, so I can play my extensive collection of
games and provide support for XP.
Anyhoo, I've noticed my normally empty inbox filling itself with hundreds of DCGLUG
emails from the mailing list. It currently stands at 241 unread emails, all from
DCGLUG!!!
So, in my few spare bored hours last weekend, I created a Forum for all DCGLUG
members to chat, discuss, report and support, which, in my humble opinion should
free up the mailing list for more specific emails, such as meeting agendas or DCGLUG
related news, and be much easier to organise technical support solutions, reviews
etc.
Feel free to visit the forums, and register, if you like!
Here's the link:

http://black.tekmagik.net/phpBB2/index.php

Please note the forum is in very early construction stages, which means categories
and topics are likely to change, but I welcome any suggestions to help make it more
expansive/useful/popular. You can feed me back in the "Site Feedback" thread in the
"Tekmagik" category.

So, there we go! I hope you find it useful, and if you require more info, please
contact me at roobarb@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Cheers

Tim
--