Re: [LUG] Wiki demonstration was North Devon Meeting?

Rob Beard wrote:
> On 27/01/2009 18:39, Paul Sutton wrote:
>> Rob Beard wrote:

>>> I dunno Paul, I reacon you're becoming the Master Of The Wikiverse :-)
>>>
>> well if we can get a venue sorted out, where myself or neil W can demo
>> the wiki it would be nice to go through the basics of how to add stuff.
>>
>> In the meantime I am happy to add stuff for people.  oh and edit the uk
>> ubuntu south west loco team page,
>>
>> Paul
>>

> Yep that would be good.  I've had a play with wiki code before but not
> been that successful.  I wish there was an addon for OpenOffice to
> create wikicode in Writer so I don't have to remember how to do tables
> etc.  (No doubt there is, just haven't checked).
>
> Rob

Try txt2tags

for a table you simple do

sp = space in document

sp
sp
sp
||sp|spTEXT1sp|sptext2sp|
 |sp|spTEXT1sp|sptext2sp|
 |sp|spTEXT1sp|sptext2sp|

you need to get things exactly right, but it does make nice html tables

then run it all through txt2tags, Its hard to explain on e-mail

anyway once the code is in,  you can run it through txt2tags and export
as latex, html or wiki code

Henry told me about it,  so again at another meeting its something we
people can go through,

Paul

--
Paul Sutton