[LUG] Keyspan Adaptor Ubuntu

Hi

I have a keyspan USB adapter for my lappy and it used to work.  It now
no longer appears to!  Googling  sees reports of a bug.  (I wish Ubuntu
would not do this, they keep on breaking things they had fixed,
however).

How does one test that is is working?

lsusb showes it, but that does not tell me it is working.  Many years
ago I would have opened a TTY? terminal, connected lines  out 1 and 2?
and talked to my self.

But I feel sure there must be a simple command.

Thanks in advance

Peter L-J