[LUG] HD naming - was courses in my area!

On Saturday 24 January 2009 12:35, Rob Beard wrote:
> On 23/01/2009 19:17, Paul Sutton wrote:
> > hmm i have normal ide and for some reason my drives are the harddisk
> > partitions are /sda sda1 sda2
I think it was thought logical to move all 'hard' drives under sd (Scsi Disks)
so you don't have to look in too many places for them. Always amuses me when
I see 15 year old hard drives pretending to be scsi.  First few times you
install a system and it says something about configuring a Scsi drive when
you know you haven't got one can make you jump. Mind you some new installs
(*Ubuntu etc) don't even let on which is even more confusing when things go
wrong - wot no hda... I havent backed up helppppppp!
Tom te tom te tom