Re: [LUG] Outlook Web Access mail on Evolution was Re: Firefox add-on IE Tab

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 22:33:19 +0000
Rob Beard wrote:

> Select Microsoft Exchange as the server type.
>
> In the Username box enter the exact user name that you use to login
> to the account.

On some setups you may need to add the user's logon domain too.  This
can be done as either of the following:
        logondomain\username
        username@logondomain
Note that although the latter contains an @ symbol, it is not
necessarily the same as the email address.  For example, my College
email account ends in @cornwall.ac.uk.  The logon domain, however, is
ccg.

> Give it a try, hopefully you'll have some joy.  It certainly worked
> with Exchange 2003 (running on Windows Server 2003 SBS).  Not sure if
> it works with Exchange 2007 but you should be able to find out what
> version of Exchange they are running on the OWA login screen assuming
> they haven't customised it.  On my client's OWA login screen it says
> "Microsoft Office Outlook Web Access Provided By Microsoft Exchange
> Server 2003".

When connecting to a Exchange 2007 on SBS2008, Evolution says:
"The Exchange server is not compatible with Exchange Connector.
The server is running Exchange 5.5. Exchange Connector
supports Microsoft Exchange 2000 and 2003 only."

Ho hum.

Grant.