Re: [LUG] US Woman can't access the net using Ubuntu and goes on Telly about it!

Rob Beard wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Just seen this posted on the Ubuntu-UK mailing list...
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/01/15/ubuntu_cant_access_net/
>
> I can't decide who's at fault here, the woman who bought the notebook
> possibly without actually researching her purchase first or Dell support
> in not actually helping much.

Or the *technical* college for seemingly not being able to mend a straw
if it was broken[1]

You'd have thought someone at the college could have helped her out.

On the other side of the coin, I hope once she does get it working that
the success gets equal coverage to the current cockup.. otherwise
everyone reading/hearing of this will tarnish Ubuntu with the same brush.

Kind regards,

Juliaj

[1] Yes I did pinch that from DS9.