Re: [LUG] Ubuntu Samba

At Thu 15 Jan 2009 15:19:13 UTC, peter <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-01-15 at 14:35 +0000, Anthony Williams wrote:
>

>> What problems are you having? I had trouble when I first set up Samba,
>> but everything works now (Ubuntu Intrepid) - my Samba config was wrong.
>>

> If I try and log into a windows machine from Ubuntu I keep on getting
> asked for a user name and a password.  I try everything under the sun
> but it is not accepted.  (It used to work).  However this is just a
> precursor to getting my wireless to see the Ubuntu (or Debian) machine.
> Well not quite true I can get as far as seeing the machine, but no
> further.

Trying to log into a Windows machine FROM Ubuntu is different to the
other way round.

This should be really straightforward --- pass in your Windows logon
details as the username+password.

Use smbtree to browse the exposed shares on the network, and smbclient
to try and log on to a specific share.

Anthony
--
Anthony Williams