Re: [LUG] OT: Drop-down menus in webpages

Grant Sewell wrote:
> Anthony Williams wrote:
>
>> You don't need JavaScript (except for IE compatibility) --- you can do
>> it all with CSS. I wrote an article on this a couple of years ago:
>>
>> http://www.justsoftwaresolutions.co.uk/articles/css_menus.html
>>
>> There's a sample menu at
>>
>> http://www.justsoftwaresolutions.co.uk/articles/sample_menu.html
>>
>> Anthony
>>
> Fantastic!
> I'll have a go at this.
> Thank you. :)
Brilliant tutorial! It works, for the most part, but I'm having a little
trouble figuring out why the drop-down menu isn't placed where it would
logically be placed... ie, directly under the first-level menu item.

If I comment-out a part of my template's css, I can get the menus to
behave themselves, but they're in the wrong place
(www.grantsewell.co.uk/index3.html). With my template's css code in
place and complete, the top-level menus are in the right place but the
drop-down has a large gap (www.grantsewell.co.uk/index2.html).

Any thoughts?

Cheers.
Grant. :)