[LUG] OT: Drop-down menus in webpages

Hi all,

I am putting together a simple html webpage but I'd like my menu across
the top to have a couple of drop-downs.

Most of the sites I've looked at seem to want to create "combo box"
style objects on the page with a "Go" button... I'm looking for
something simple that uses the mouse-hover thing so when a user moves
their mouse over the primary menu object the menu list drops down ready
for the user to select one of the list items.

Am I right in thinking that the easiest way to get this to work is with
Javascript?  (I don't want to re-write everything in
php/perl/python/whatever.)

Has anyone got any good examples that I can use?

Cheers.
Grant. :)