Re: [LUG] Asterisk Question

On Thu, 8 Jan 2009, Steph Foster wrote:

I don't know anything about Asterix but I'm wondering,

If there is no incoming callerid how would you know that the number
input by the caller
is the genuine number they are calling from ?

Whats to stop someone spoofing their number ?

Nothing.

So in a test system I setup, I gave people who I know who withold their number a PIN - they dial that, then the house phones ring, or if they don't have a PIN, then they get immediately dumped into voicemail (after a message telling them to dial 141 first)

Gordon

Steph