Re: [LUG] An invitation to Tech Adventure

On 07/01/2009 20:12, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jan 2009, Rob Beard wrote:
>

>> Possibly, I was going to see how much the train was but I guess a car
>> pool would work out cheaper if there was say 4 of us sharing the fuel cost.
>>

> I used to (bah, still do - was there today) go to Bristol on a regular
> basis. 2 years ago when I looked into it, it was cheaper to go by car for
> ONE person than get the train - when you took into account car parking,
> bus/taxi at the far-end, etc. Any more than one is a bonus!
>
> Gordon

Well it's £30 from Torquay (that's the cheapest option) so yeah I dare
say driving will be cheaper if a few of us go.  When I used to work for
GCap I occasionally had to visit GWR Bristol and IIRC it used to cost
about £20 in fuel and about a tenner in parking for the day at the NCP
car park at the Marriot Hotel.

I'd certainly be interested, not sure if my car will be sorted out by
then and the wife usually needs our other car on weekends to ferry the
kids around so if I could get a lift with someone that would be ideal :-)

Is the invitation open to anyone?  I just wonder if any other folks from
other lists might be interested (I'm thinking the Ubuntu-UK folks for one).

Rob