[LUG] VPN and Viglen 2820

Hi All

Happy new year to everybody. I hope you all enjoyed your Christmas.

I am currently trying to set up a vpn using the above modem. In the manual I get asked this:

In IPSec General Setup, there are two major parts of configuration.
There are two phases of IPSec.
 Phase 1: negotiation of IKE parameters including encryption, hash, Diffie-Hellman
parameter values, and lifetime to protect the following IKE exchange, authentication of
both peers using either a Pre-Shared Key or Digital Signature (x.509). The peer that
starts the negotiation proposes all its policies to the remote peer and then remote peer
tries to find a highest-priority match with its policies. Eventually to set up a secure
tunnel for IKE Phase 2.
 Phase 2: negotiation IPSec security methods including Authentication Header (AH) or
Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) for the following IKE exchange and mutual
examination of the secure tunnel establishment.

Do I actually need to do this please? I am trying to think of the end user and what I will need to do to set-up their computers etc. They are all windows users.

Thanks

Rich