Re: [LUG] I am NOT a PC !?!?!

> I thought it might be a fun idea to upload a clip of myself saying I'm a
> PC, but having a Tux cuddly toy on my shoulder, maybe sitting in front
> of my PC monitor with Ubuntu in the background.
>
> I wonder if they'd cotton on.  I mean I bet these adverts are done by an
> advertising agency, maybe they might not understand the relevance of the
> penguin (then again saying that maybe everyone else might not cotton on).
>
> Rob

Saying that,  tux is associated with Linux,   However each distro has
its own logo associated with it,  so red hat,  debian swirl,  suse
(geko),  ubuntu (circle of friends).  so from that perspetive tux seems
less of a symbol  perhaps what does Link everything it is free software
(but only the parts that are actually free software).

Problem is also that other distros use a penguin but a different one
(take gentoo for example),  so again its hard to make a direct connection

With Apple, they have a distinct logo,  that is associated with them,
that for the most part is instantly recognisable,

for the benefit of the wider audience and what we are aiming to do, we
need to ensure the connection is clear,

Perhaps we should say I use Linux,  Or I use GNU software, and get as
many people from all different backgrounds to say it on our ad,  so
different people, different countries, different professions to
symbolise Linux is used everywhere.

We should discuss at the next lug meet on the 3rd,  Perhaps at that,
meet set up the next meeting to actually have  a go at doing something.

Paul

--
Paul Sutton
www.zleap.net