Re: [LUG] I am NOT a PC !?!?!

On 25/12/2008 22:04, Jaan Jänesmäe wrote:
> Hey,
> why not: I'm a human being and I chose Linux rather than saying I am
> one. Still I like the: I'm a penguin idea.
>
> Sincerely,
> Jaan Jänesmäe
> http://www.quilia.net
>

> On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 9:59 PM, Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:zleap@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Dave Foxcroft wrote:
>     > I'm not a PC - I use one!
>     >
>     > If this is truly a 'world without walls'  then...... Do we
>     really have
>     > any need for Windows and Gates?
>     >
>     > :)
>     >
>     >
>     I seem to remember one poster saying in a world without fences, who
>     needs gates.  thing is bill gates is no longer head of microsoft,  so
>     perhaps in a world without walls, who needs windows.  However that
>     won't
>     actually help people remember Linux as we make no mention of it.
>
>     How about,  in a world without fences you need Linux,  which would do
>     the job,
>
>     perhaps I am missing the point,  but the more people see the name
>     Linux,
>     or Ubuntu or whatever around the place, they will remember it and
>     wonderf why its everywhere,  you can't go out without seeing something
>     with Microsoft,  windows, XP or vista on,  be it magazine, books or
>     hardware,  so we need people to see the product.
>
>     We may not all like Ubuntu,  BUT it does a great job of being good for
>     the beginner,   end of the day its Linux under the hood, and we
>     need to
>     remember that,   I have 80 ubuntu stickers,  used well people may
>     not be
>     able to go far without seeing one.
>
>     BTW anyone got some designed for Windows Vista stickers,  i want
>     one for
>     our wheelie bin :)
>
>     Paul
>
>     --
>     Paul Sutton
>     www.zleap.net <http://www.zleap.net>
>     Support Open file formats ISO 26300 odt
>     Next Linux User Group meet : Jan 3rd : 2pm,  Shoreline Cafe Paignton

I thought it might be a fun idea to upload a clip of myself saying I'm a
PC, but having a Tux cuddly toy on my shoulder, maybe sitting in front
of my PC monitor with Ubuntu in the background.

I wonder if they'd cotton on.  I mean I bet these adverts are done by an
advertising agency, maybe they might not understand the relevance of the
penguin (then again saying that maybe everyone else might not cotton on).

Rob