[LUG] RSync

Hi All

Merry Christmas to everyone.

I am hoping that somewhere on the list there might be an rsync guru
willing to help or advise. I have two Linux NAS boxes and a Mac Pro. I
am currently using a programme to sync from the first Linux box to the
Mac and then the Mac to the second Linux box. The first sync takes
place at 10, 11, 12, 1, 2, and 3 during the day and the second sync
takes place at 4 at the end of the day. The second box is then removed
from site.

The programme I am using encounters several problems. Firstly,
permissions. The users are mainly windows users and when they create a
new folder the permissions aren't set right. Overnight they are
corrected but in the meantime the sync programme throws up errors and
says it cannot sync that folder/file. Secondly mounting drives. On
fairly regular occasions it won't mount drives or connect to the
drive. If I do it manually no problems but if I run the programme and
ask it to do it automatically it doesn't do it.

Is it possible to write and rsync script that will take care of the
above incidents please?
--
Kind regards
Rich