Re: [LUG] flv to sound file

On Sun, 2008-12-21 at 19:28 +0000, Rob Beard wrote:

> You should be able to do it with mplayer...
>
> mplayer filename.flv -vo nul -ao pcm:file=filename.wav
>
> It should give you a copy of the audio in WAV format.
Thanks - I got it with a different search. there is a dumpaudio command
with mplayer and I created the mp3 files in such quick time my wife (a
Windows user) was very impressed - now my first go with audacity!

My flv files were in the directory dwhelper
mplayer -dumpaudio "dwhelper/file name.flv" "dwhelper/file name.mp3"
I am impressed too!
--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk