Re: [LUG] [Fwd: BBC iPlayer now available on Mac]

2008/12/18 Jonathan Roberts <jonrob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Did you install Air?
>
> Yeah, I'm starting to think it's a permissions problem though.
> Apparently #5100 relates to the application being unable to launch an
> external process. Going to try reinstalling. Did AIR need root
> permissions to install?

Yup, definitely a permissions thing.

I could only get it to install if I became root first, and then I
could only get it to install the application by downloading it from
the iplayer website, finding out the path to the application installer
app, then running that as root and browsing to the download. Seems to
be working now though.

Jon