Re: [LUG] Architects drawings..

On Wednesday 17 December 2008 16:59, Simon Williams wrote:

> > 3D modelling?
> >
> > QCad can do 2D drawings, don't know about 3D. Presumably you're looking
> > for an AutoCAD type application that you can develop 3D models from your
> > 2D drawings?
>
> For 3D, I hear that blender is *amazing*.
Cant argue with that! K3D amazing too and seems to have some useful features
as well. K3D can do unions between objects - so you can find overlaps of
things.
Archimedes and QCad do' layers' so you can turn things on and off.
Cant find a union of the two - could be lack of documentation....
Magic does 2d design rule checking so if you move something too close or
overlap it is lets you know. Now add that facility to a 3d modeller so you
can move building blocks together and tell when/where they touch......
The world is my clam but I'm using some pretty crude nutcrackers to eat it
with.....
Tom te tom te tom