Re: [LUG] IE alert

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 09:49:32 +0000
Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Tom Potts wrote:
> > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7784908.stm
> >
> > in case you didnt know not to use it already!
> >
> Would it simply be easier for them to use Firefox as the actual patch,
> so the update downloads firefox, and installs that as default and
> deletes internet explorer.

But as we know from the EU cases, it is impossible to delete internet
explorer from current and old versions of Windows. You can delete the
shortcuts but the symbols and the libraries are "a core part of the
OS", supposedly. More like lazy programmers who can't be bothered to
implement a stable API and bone-headed managers who wouldn't recognise
a package manager if it slapped them in the face.

--

Neil Williams