Re: [LUG] avoid HP this xmas

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 10:36:20AM +0000, Julian Hall wrote:
> aashish kumar wrote:
> > i have HP laptop and HP is owned by microsoft ( i am sayin this coz
> > they havenot provided any support for my laptop for OS other than
> > Vista!! on contacting them they say your laptop is specially built for
> > vista dont try any other installation and moreover the drivers they
> > have given run only on vista not on xp)
> >
> > Aashish
> I have an HP/Compaq laptop and when I rang them once for support was
> told they had Linux on the same laptop in the Tech Support lab.  So much
> for being MS monkeys :)

HP are a major supporter of the Debian project, and have been for years.
IIRC ftp.debian.org lived under a desk in an office at HP for quite a
while, for example. HP also (officially) support Debian on their servers.

There are probably worse vendors to buy from.

--
Benjamin M. A'Lee || mail: bma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
web: http://subvert.org.uk/~bma/ || gpg: 0xBB6D2FA0