Re: [LUG] To host or local: Mail server, groupware

On Fri, 5 Dec 2008 09:02:24 +0000
"Richard Brown" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> 2008/12/5 Richard Brown <rich@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> >
> > This answers the question but we are also looking at:
> > 8. Replacing Sage
> > 9. Replacing MS Office (not so easy at the moment because they do a
> > lot of access calculations in conjunction with Sage!)
> > 10. Installing a crm
> >
> Would gnu cash scale to a small/medium enterprise please?

GnuCash is a personal finance program with a little bit of small
business support (which would typically help only single traders in
professional or service sectors).

>  Does it
> output to recognise formats etc.

Absolutely none. Reports can go to HTML or PDF but data cannot be
exported in any interchangeable manner. I tried to add a set of export
routines but they have since been abandoned.

> Are there packages it can integrate
> with? Thanks.

No. I tried to develop such for three years but the design of the
package directly confounds such developments and upstream are not
bothered.

--

Neil Williams