[LUG] mix n match ubuntu

Hi everyone.
I finally got wifi working with my rtl8187b chipset on intrepid.
Now the main problem I have is that on gutsy & hardy my 3D opengl stuff
works with the fglrx driver.
I only use it to play games otherwise I would stick with the xorg driver.

On intrepid if upgrading or installing new something in the fglrx driver has
changed and full screen 3D gives a mishmash of pixels.

The wifi drivers I used are the compat wireless drivers compiled against the
intrepid kernel.

There is a compat.old set for kernels older than the intrepid kernel but
although I had no errors compiling on hardy wireless still wasnh't working.

So what I need to know..
Is it possible to upgrade or compile the 2.6.27 kernel so that the wirless
drivers can be installed and used under hardy ? or alternatively set up the
drivers against intrepid but use an older fglrx driver so I can still play
opengl games ?

At the moment by laptop is temporarily ( I hope) linuxless as my wife who
uses the laptop got so fed up with the amount of time I have been spending
on it trying to get 3D AND wireless working together.

Ray