Re: [LUG] OT PIC examples/lessons

On Thursday 04 December 2008 08:50, Robin Cornelius wrote:
> Tom Potts wrote:
> > Does anyone know of any PIC16 lesson/examples online at all?
> > Tom te tom te tom
>
> Check out microchip's website, there is usually a handful of samples
> when you drill down to an individual processor and in the processors
> manual from that site there is usually snippets of code.
>
> Are you working in PIC's asm or have you got a C compiler going for your
> pic?
I've got a pickit 2 with a pic16f690 in it and some simple stuff
I found this
http://www.usna.edu/EE/ee461/Homework/Lesson12Spring2007PIC16Programming.pdf
which sort of starts things off a bit.
Its 20 years since I did machine code and I'm a touch rusty and theres not a
lot of stuff to learn (plagiarise) from without going on a course.
I'm trying to see if I can knock together a grid connected inverter for what I
feel it should cost - naff all!
The chip that comes with the pickcit2 looks like it should be up for making a
controllable PWM+ sine generator for the inverter part so thats 0.5kva units
at £50 each. I've nearly got that worked out but not sure of the code....
Then it needs a controller/monitor to sync with the mains and do simple
control within whatever the 'legal' requirements are - cost £90 for the pdf!
Tom te tom te tom