Re: [LUG] Crashing Computer

Can you i Windows switch off the reboot on error function from the Menu
on "My Computer" (right click) select the tab for Shutdown and un tick
the reboot bit. it will then stay with a Blue Screen with the error
displaying!

If it's a system error get a WinXp cd

start the system in recovery mode y pressing R

after selecting the OS to recover and knowing your admin pw (most are
just blank!) then cd to c:\windows\system32\config

ren system to system.bs (for bluescreen)

cp c:\windows\repair\system .

which replaces the duff system hive with the one installed from new

you may need the motherboard Drivers and re apply Service pack 3

if you need help phone me on the number below.

Best of luck.

On Sun, 2008-11-30 at 13:40 +0000, peter wrote:
> Hi
>
> The computer is a Xcube.  It ran Ubuntu for about 5 hours, I then
> switched to Window$ to try everest and it lasted 1 hour.
>
> When there is a problem the blue light at the front flashes. I have
> tried googling this but  with no success.
>
> It is not running under any real load, just ticking over.
>
> I am running a memory test now.
>
> Will get back latter, but I am wondering if it is a heat problem and it
> is better than before as it is colder!
>
> All the best
>
> Peter L-J

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub) reprieved (possibly!)
Po House, Minions,
Liskeard Cornwall
PL14 5LE
01579363386