Re: [LUG] Configure problem

Neil Williams wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 17:28:21 +0000
> Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>> $ sudo apt-get install build-essential
>>> ?
>> Thanks. I installed that and the process now worked.
>>
>> I have now finished the installation and have tried to start the
>> program (Gambas). I had a few messages about missing components eg
>> gb.qt.ext. I found these under gambas2 in adept and installed them
>> all so far.
>
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/gambas.html
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/gambas2.html
> http://packages.debian.org/sid/gambas2
>
> $ rmadison gambas2
>    gambas2 |      2.7-1 |       testing | source, all
>    gambas2 |    2.8.2-1 |      unstable | source, all
>
> Why are you building this from source?
>
> $ sudo apt-get install gambas2
> or
> $ sudo apt-get source gambas2
>
> If you want a newer version, there are probably patches that are needed
> to get the thing to work. That is why we have Debian Developers. ;-)
>
> If the version you want won't build, maybe talk to the Debian Developer
> responsible for the package for advice.
>
> http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=jredrejo@xxxxxxxxxx

I am looking to install the latest stable version, 2.9,  while the
version on the repository is version 2.0. I have raised a query with the
Gambas forum. If this doesn't work I will remove version 2.9 and install
via adept. (Or sudo apt-get install.) I expect that will be fine for
learning it. Thanks for your help

Neil Winchurst