Re: [LUG] resurrection day

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 08:40:01 +0000
Tom Potts <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a couple of old working motherboards (Duron 800 +256M not sure
> about the other cpu but 128M) I have a case with a non functioning
> power supply. I hate to chuck the motherboards and thought that maybe
> other LUGers might have 'matching eqpt.

My problem is that I have all the same equipment and the same broken
equipment - it seems to be the power supplies that are the limiting
factor. Finding AT power supplies is hard.

There might be complete computers standing around in various companies
etc.

> Does anyone fancy a resurrection day where we try and put odd bits of
> hardware together to make working machines?

All I need is a power supply to resurrect my Pentium 1 90MHz.

> These boards would make usable PC's, fantastic thin++ clients for
> Linux but only bulimic clients for windows....

Do you have somewhere to put these, or some idea of where these
machines might end up?

--

Neil Williams