Re: [LUG] route: "SIOCADDRT: No such process"

Hi Simon,

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 07:23:47PM +0100, Simon Williams wrote:
> Hello everyone.
> The route command is driving me completely insane... again.
> It just loves this error:
> SIOCADDRT: No such process
> It seems that at the first sign of trouble it throws that and goes and
> sulks in the corner.

It is a rubbish error message.  It generally means that you tried to
use an IP or network that doesn't make sense.  The "ip route"
command gives slightly better error messages and is preferred these
days.

Cheers,
Andy

Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB