[LUG] File and Programme Servers

Hi Guys

I hope all are well.

I am currently setting up a machine serving programmes to several
users who also want remote access using vpn. They also have a file
server. There are 7 windows boxes, a couple of macs and a couple of
laptops. The file server is Linux and the programmes are served
through a Mac running Parallels. All the machines need access to the
internet.

The boss wants to dump everything into one server so they can remove
the file server but I am assuming that it will be more secure if we
can keep things separate. I am also unsure of the best way to set up
the remote access element because this server will also be serving the
intranet.

Can anyone advise me on the best way to go about this please? Is it a
good idea to separate the file server from the programme server
please? Thanks.
--
Kind regards
Rich