Re: [LUG] Hope for more light on LAMP

francesca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi, I live on a sailboat and just moved to Falmouth. I've been buiding
> websites using the LAMP environment and had Ubuntu installed on my laptop.
> That was with a lot of help from my former partner who is a computer
> programmer. None of my friends use Linux and I started encountering problems
> that I couldn't solve and eventually I had to install Vista on another
> partition and haven't done much work on my websites since. I'm looking forward
> to meet like-minded friends that can help me get back to Ubuntu (I really must
> get rid of hated microsoft once for ever) and maybe like sailing too! Francesca

Welcome to the area and the list ;-)

I'm one of the few near Falmouth, well I work in falmouth.

This is a great list for linux questions and to meet other linux users
the only thing we lack on (and not for trying) is enough meets. This is
mainly due to geographic constraints of members from the whole south
west (and beyond) but certain pockets have more regular meetings where
miles are less between a group. But not quite as many down at Falouth, a
few Truro, Newquay, Redruth so not far.

There is also a breath of technical knowledge here so someone usually
knows the answer to most linux/gnu/free software and related topics.

Once again welcome, hope you enjoy Falmouth

Robin