Re: [LUG] xresets when trying to use video hardwre

 > By "proper" driver, I'm guessing you mean a proprietary nVidia one.

Yes but this problem just recently started to happen, so unless I need
to update this driver, or something else has changed, Its working properly.

 > Can you run the application in question from the command-line and send
 > any output to a text file? So:
 > $ wine blah.exe > blah.exe.output
 >
 > Grant.

Ok i can't do what you just said there,  as i havent' got the code thing
yet to open the codeweavers program, However I get the same issue with
the Linux version openarena,  i run it and it restarts x putting me back
to the login screen

from a console window openarena > output.txt fails.  so I tried from a
tty1 (normal full screen console)

I just get blank files

So its not just codeweavers software that is causing this,  something
seems to be trying to access graphics file somewhere that is then
causing X to restart.  I have NO windows games or software installed
under that at present,

so I can't redirect the out put any where, and have no way to copy /
paste the erros accuratly into a file (sorry if there is a way to do
it,  I don't know how,  if there is a log file some where I don't

I think the problem seeems to be with SDL,  but am unsure,

Output MUST be directed somewhere to a log file,  I just don't really
know where to look I have looked in /etc/X11 as that has some log files,
but nothing seems to show up,

Paul