Re: [LUG] micro controller

On Friday 24 October 2008, Tom Potts wrote:
> On Friday 24 October 2008 12:36, Robin Cornelius wrote:
> > Hi Tom,
> >
> > PIC's are probably ideal for this. They are simple multifunction
> > devices usually with a 8-10 bit A/D some digital IO etc and require no
> > external components other than a power supply. Internal oscillator
> > provided. Just need to have suiible signal conditioning for the A/D
> > range and to buffer any in/out as needed for the app. RS232 port or
> > USB as well on them.
> >
> > If you need any help, we have programmers for PICs here, although the
> > basic ones are cheap anyway.
>
> You couldn't actually give me some clues to suppliers/prices/details here -
> searches for this sort of thing seem to be hijacked and the closest I've
> got is for a Philips LPC900 but the UK link takes me to arrow.co.uk who
> don't seem to have functioning e-mail - I've never had a reply from them
> yet! I guess these things should be in the £5 per one off region??
> Tom te tom te tom

Tom, try CPC [1] or RS [2]. Probably Maplin too.

Good luck,
Steve.

 [1] -
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/browse.jsp?N=411+521+500001+1001900&Ntk=gensearch_003&Ntt=pic&Ntx=

 [2] -
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=retrieveTfg&binCount=104&Ne=4294957561&Ntt=pic&Ntk=I18NAll&Nr=AND%28avl%3auk%2csearchDiscon_uk%3aN%29&Ntx=mode%2bmatchallpartial&N=4294955193&Nty=1

--
blog: http://ste.mooco.ws GPG:ED407E68