Re: [LUG] micro controller

On Friday 24 October 2008 12:36, Robin Cornelius wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> PIC's are probably ideal for this. They are simple multifunction
> devices usually with a 8-10 bit A/D some digital IO etc and require no
> external components other than a power supply. Internal oscillator
> provided. Just need to have suiible signal conditioning for the A/D
> range and to buffer any in/out as needed for the app. RS232 port or
> USB as well on them.
>
> If you need any help, we have programmers for PICs here, although the
> basic ones are cheap anyway.
You couldn't actually give me some clues to suppliers/prices/details here -
searches for this sort of thing seem to be hijacked and the closest I've got
is for a Philips LPC900 but the UK link takes me to arrow.co.uk who don't
seem to have functioning e-mail - I've never had a reply from them yet!
I guess these things should be in the £5 per one off region??
Tom te tom te tom