Re: [LUG] upgrade to lenny, GUI broken - command line saves the day

Neil Winchurst wrote:

> Absolutely right.

On a similar note, Network Manager might be essential for laptops, but
for desktops it just makes life harder IMHO.

Removing network manager solved the problems I had after upgrading my
work machine to lenny.

It would work for a bit, then network manager would try and reconfigure
networking and the networking would break completely. I tried to tell
network manager what to do, but in the end it was easier to remove and
let the regular ISC DHCP client do the job it had always done perfectly
well without any hints/interference from network manager.