Re: [LUG] Similar XP problem for linux downloaded update files rather than connecting XP to web;

>> 1. How do I tell the computer to stop counting and disable this when it
>> didn't ever do it before (being an oem installed os)
>> 2. I need to download bugfixes and so forth for service packs up to the
>> present date. Again security fixes aren't so important 'cos I am
>> disabling internet connectivity, thats only allowed via linux on the
>> third boot option.

1. If you have the original XP CD and licence key, just give MS a ring on
their activation hotline. Answer their questions in the correct way and
they'll stump up an activation code to bypass your problem.

2. You can download the full [System Admin's version of] Service Pack 3
from the MS downloads site. Install XP, activate it manually (see above)
and install the SP from the download.

Martin