Re: [LUG] Fluxbox

On Sat, 2008-10-11 at 16:03 +0100, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> No menu with right-click.
Having to make your own menu is a "feature" with FB! But then on the
other hand I noticed that on the Linux Mint website that there is a
fluxbox community version being downloadable (Mint has now become my
distie of choice as it simply just does everything, including multimedia
codecs and the lot, straight out of the box and I like the ergonomics of
the desktop more than anything I've seen in 12 years. Its a 'buntu
derivative but a good one).

Anyway, the basics of the "look" have been ported to KDE and XFCE for
lighter weight (thats the running rodent logo not kde thats lighter
weight!) and I noticed that a Fluxbox is in RC1 status. This had in the
write up a paragraph specifically making the point that the rollers had
elected to populate the click up menu with ubuntu and Minty items rather
than leave neonate users to find out how to do so on their own (one can
always then tune it how you want).

The pro of FB is apparently it is very very fast, stable, and even lower
in resource overhead than running rat, so might be worth checking that
out so you've a built in "start" and can then customize.