Re: [LUG] OT: New Laptop recommendation.

On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 00:42 +0100, Ray Smith wrote:
Owing to a suuden windfall known as a lump sum arrears payment I am
looking at getting a laptop for yself.

I am only looking for something basic so price range is 300-400 ukp

It musn't have in built graphics or at least if it does should be
capable of running compiz fairly well and
the odd 3D game under linux.
I am probable going to put ubuntu or debian/debian dirivative on to it.

Doing a search brings up far too many recommendations of a generic
nature and one I was interested in from comet seems to be sold out
everywhere.

So if anyone has any recommendation for me (preferably one I could go
into a store & buy) feel free.

Ray

I cant find much better than this
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/range.html?t=nb&c=gaming&r=X15
They might do it without the Win OS for a Cheaper price?
And you can go there!

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub) reprieved (possibly!)
Po House, Minions,
Liskeard Cornwall
PL14 5LE
01579363386