Re: [LUG] OT: New Laptop recommendation.

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 00:42:11 +0100, Ray Smith <rjsmith@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Owing to a suuden windfall known as a lump sum arrears payment I am
> looking at getting a laptop for yself.
>
> I am only looking for something basic so price range is 300-400 ukp
>
> It musn't have in built graphics or at least if it does should be
> capable of running compiz fairly well and
> the odd 3D game under linux.
> I am probable going to put ubuntu or debian/debian dirivative on to it.
>
> Doing a search brings up far too many recommendations of a generic
> nature and one I was interested in from comet seems to be sold out
> everywhere.
>
> So if anyone has any recommendation for me (preferably one I could go
> into a store & buy) feel free.
>
> Ray

Hi Ray,

I will probably get slammed for this, but hey ho...

The HP G6092 they have in Staples is pretty good.  I have one.  The only
issue I have had with it is the WiFi, but that is pretty easy to sort out.

I got mine at £379 in June, but I hear they've dropped in price again.

Grant.