Re: [LUG] OT: New Laptop recommendation.

Ray Smith wrote:
> Owing to a suuden windfall known as a lump sum arrears payment I am
> looking at getting a laptop for yself.
>
> I am only looking for something basic so price range is 300-400 ukp
>
> It musn't have in built graphics or at least if it does should be
> capable of running compiz fairly well and
> the odd 3D game under linux.
> I am probable going to put ubuntu or debian/debian dirivative on to it.
>
> Doing a search brings up far too many recommendations of a generic
> nature and one I was interested in from comet seems to be sold out
> everywhere.
>
> So if anyone has any recommendation for me (preferably one I could go
> into a store & buy) feel free.
>
> Ray

To be honest you're going to be hard pressed to get anything with a
dedicated video card for under £400.  Most of them have either Intel GMA
chipsets or ATI Radeon X1250 or something along those lines.

I'd suggest trying Dell, they have some pretty reasonable offers on the
Vostro range, much better than what you'd find on the high street.

Rob