Re: [LUG] Disabling time shifting on MythTV

stinga wrote:
> On 06/10/08 19:30:55, Rob Beard wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Any MythTV experts out there?
>>
>> Hopefully someone might be able to advise if this is possible...
>>
>> I've built up a MythTV box for the kids to use after their telly went bang.
>>
>> It currently has two capture cards installed, one K-World PCI DVB card
>> which supports Freeview and also analogue input via composite video, and
>> a Pinnacle PCTV card which only supports analogue via a tuner, composite
>> or S-Video input.
>>
>> I wondered if it was possible to turn off time shifting on certain
>> inputs, so that say if the kids have their games consoles plugged into
>> the composite video input on the analogue card, it just displays the
>> picture on the screen in realtime and disables pausing, fast forwarding
>> and rewinding?
>>

> Simple answer is no. Buffering the video feed is part and parcel of mythtv.
> But you should be able to create a menu option that allows you to use mplayer or
> another app that will listen to the /dev/video32 (or whatever it is).
> Or just buy one of those little converter box's that allows a monitor to accept
> composite/svid whatever you want.
>
> --or--
> Sign up to freecycle and get a free telly, I have got one you can have, but I am
> in Penzance.

I thought as much.  As a work around I've removed MythTV and just
installed TVtime.  The Freeview card I have won't pick up all the
channels so I'm going to use a standard Freeview box and Scart switcher
for the time being (and have another go after the digital switch over).

Rob