Re: [LUG] Problems posting to the list...

Alex Charrett wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Oct 2008, grant@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>

>> I have sent messages to myself (other domains, including a GMail
>> account) and they get through (although it was flagged as SPAM by
>> GMail), but it seems that my posts to the list get dropped.
>>

> Looks like your mails are being rejected because you're listed on the
> spamhaus xbl (and that because you're listed in cbl.abuseat.org).
>
> >From looking at it, my best guess is that you're listed in the CBL
> because your mailserver is HELOing with "localhost.localdomain" which
> can indicate a poorly configured mailserver (and is generally bad form).
>
> Given you've said you're using exim, locate the "primary_hostname" setting
> in exim.conf and set it to something more sane (and then restart/HUP
> exim).
>
> You'll then need to go to the cbl site and request delisting.
>
> I'd have thought that you should have recieved bounce messages telling
> you that your mail was rejected because of your listing.
>
> Alex.
Thanks Alex.

Hopfully it is all sorted now.  As it happened, my mailserver was
HELOing with "fileserver" (it's original and only task before I made it
do web, mail  and SQL too).  It should now be HELOing as
"server.thymox.co.uk", which should satisfy the CBL people.

Cheers.
Grant.